Jeremy Dueck Photography Inc.

Jeremy Dueck Photography - review albums, slide shows and proofs from your day

Sunday

Light Works

And the light I saw...


This blog use to be called Light Works, kind of in homage to the old masters of photography that paid special attention to light. I have always been a fan of their work and strive to follow their foot steps when it comes to "seeing" light. Unfortunately many photographers don't understand the concept of light - or how to see it, use it, manipulate it into photographs that take the ordinary to the next step.

One of my clients asked me what I meant by Light Works. What did I mean when I wrote "I love the way light works"? Well I decided to show you. Now I will be the first to say that none of these photos are the end all, be all - or great works of art. Just think of them as an example of how I see light. In fact, almost all of these shots are just water and sky - shot off the ship's railing.

Your camera means very little when it comes to great photos. It has everything to do with how the person behind the lens sees. I wanted to challenge myself on our cruise. Could I take cool photos with just a point and shoot? There is something to be said for small pocket cameras, you can have them with you all the time - ready for great light. No thinking involved - everything is automatic. So all I brought was one digital point and shoot. It actually was very freeing. I ended up taking over 1700 photos on our trip.

Once again these were all taken with my Canon SD700 pocket camera. No filters, no high end camera or fancy Photoshop work (in fact, no cropping - images are full frame).

Just the way I saw light...

hope you enjoy.

Sunday, 4:11 pm


Sunday, 5:18 pm


Sunday 5:30 pm


Tuesday, 4:21 pm


Tuesday, 5:19 pm


Tuesday, 5:36 pm


Tuesday, 5:40 pm


Thursday, 5:21 pm


Friday, 5:05 pm


Friday, 5:06 pm subtle light whispers...


Friday, 5:08:21 pm


Friday, 5:08:29 pm


Friday, 5:12 pm


Friday, 5:26 pm
the belt of Venus


Friday, 5:38 pm


Did you take note of the times? Light in the Caribbean moves incredibly fast. It is the total opposite of up here in Canada. Our sunsets can last half an hour and afterglow can be hours. Notice that it was literally minutes down there. And the time? Yup, while most people were sitting down to eat I was running around creating these photos.

Light like this happens almost everyday. Unfortunately most people are too busy to see it.

Sad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home