Jeremy Dueck Photography Inc.

Jeremy Dueck Photography - review albums, slide shows and proofs from your day

Tuesday

Paris vs. Grand Forks


A number of weeks ago Trevor blogged about their trip to Paris. Around that same time my wife and I went on our own little trip, mind you we only made it to Grand Forks. Okay I know what you're thinking. It doesn't even hold a candle to Paris and well.... you're right. It doesn't. But it does have some interesting small town Americana, signs that capture my eye and of course my lens.

One night I went out with my camera and had some fun capturing what I feel are the best parts of Grand Forks. At least the best parts that I found on a short night's drive.


Enjoy the lights of ND.


This is great, a drive up LC.



The interior and exterior of the famous Whitey's, serving patrons since 1925.




My favorite place to roll ten.



I had to add this next one, not as a great photo - but you just need to eat at the Texas Roadhouse anytime you are in Grand Forks. Fantastic steak! Closest I've come to Texas this near the 49th.

7 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Whisky Prajer said...

Nice to see Grand Forks (and you) keeping the Googie spirit alive.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Jeremy Dueck said...

Wow, I never knew it was called Googie, but I love it. I've always loved that Jetsons look and often recorded it with my lens.

I smell another book idea. Only thing is someone has done it already - and done it very well.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Whisky Prajer said...

Dude, there is always room on the shelf for another book! Just let me know if you need any extra words.

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Pablo said...

Groovy. Love the bowling alley shots. Don't it seem like bowling alleys always have the coolest signs?

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Jeremy Dueck said...

Bowling alleys always have great signs.

Maybe that's what my book should be about.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Garth said...

As always cuz - great shots!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Jeremy Dueck said...

Thanks man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home